Here’s a list of some of the blog posts that I think are good examples of the type of content I’ve been writing about.
Technical: Computer Science and Software Engineering
- A Software Engineer’s Perspective on Shenzhen I/O, a review of an assembly programming game and an evaluation of the tool’s pedagogical applications.
- Iterative Dichotomiser (Haskell January Tests 2017), where I review a functional programming test first-year students at Imperial take after one term of programming lessons.
- Another Look at Dynamic Programming, which introduces and compares the ‘top-down’ and ‘bottom-up’ strategies for dynamic programming.
Semi-technical: Finance and Personal Finance
- Making Heads of Tail Risks, which introduces and discusses the idea of what a ‘tail risk’ is.
- Retirement by 40?, some thoughts on the possibility and practice of financial independence/early retirement.
- Inflation and the Substitution Effect, which focuses on the concept of chained CPI.
Non-technical: General Thoughts
- This Side of Town, a discussion of goals for 2018.
- On The Road Again, which contains thoughts on personal travel and the role of travel in business.
- Up All Night, an analysis of the decision process to take an all-nighter that might not strictly be needed, and how I deal with all-nighters.
Non-technical: Reviews (Retrospectives)